If it seems like you’ve tried everything to get rid of you breakouts but still fail to see results, you probably need to be a little more patient or make some changes in your regimen. It is good to know that with the right skin care and treatment you can get rid of your acne and achieve clear skin.
Acne treatment experts in Provo share a few things that can help you get started:
- Choose the right products. This applies when buying facial cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and cosmetics. It is best to look for products labeled non-acnegenic and non-comedogenic. Oil-free and alcohol-free products also are good choices.
- Avoid picking your acne. This also includes touching, popping, and squeezing your pimples. While popping and picking your acne may seem like the quickest way to get rid of it; it can only make your breakouts every time you do so. You should also avoid scrubbing your face, as it can only irritate your skin and worsen acne.
- Give the product some time to work. If you’re using an acne product, you may want to give it about four to six weeks to work. You should also know that it could take about two to three months or even longer to see clearing. If you notice clearing, it is advisable to keep using the product to prevent new acne.
- Choose products with acne fighting ingredients. Acne products with benzoyl peroxide are a good choice, as they help kill acne bacteria. Salicylic acid, on the other hand, helps unclog pores and ease inflammation. Buying products with ingredients don’t need a prescription, but if you’re not sure what to buy, consult a dermatologist.
- Be sure to follow the directions. You may not realize it, but the how much and how often you use the acne medication can have an impact on its effectiveness. Be sure to read and follow the directions carefully. If a skin doctor devised your acne treatment plan or skin care, use everything as directed.
- Ask a dermatologist’s advice. If your acne is making you feel bad about yourself, it is best to see a dermatologist. The same is also true if you have large or cystic acne. A dermatologist can tailor the right skin care and treatment based on your situation.
Incorporate these changes into your skin care regimen to help clear your acne. Don’t hesitate to get the help of a dermatologist, especially if you don’t know what products to use.